Aug 3, 2015

Karma Sutra (1985-1988)

Karma Sutra - Daydreams of a Production Line Worker
Every so often, I find myself uprooting this blog and replanting the seed in a slightly different spot in the garden. Maybe it's due to creative fidgeting or a way to perversely make amends for the inevitable neglect I will surely show to this growing plant, or because I rarely turn my computer on anymore. Anyway...

"Daydreams Of A Production Line Worker" is one of the first LPs that sprouts back up after the mushroom cloud dissipates. Why? Well, "The Old Punk" said it best. Karma Sutra also released a demo cassette and a couple of songs that landed on various punk compilations.

For me to describe Karma Sutra, I could speak of Crass' introspective analysis of where the outcast finds himself or herself in society, of Chumbawamba's masterful songwriting, of Kulturkampf's dreaminess and Exit-Stance's fury. I could try and weave handfuls of bands that you may or may not have heard of into a solid rope of understanding. I could attempt to do that and I can also let you listen to understand.

1 comment: